How far is your company on its Link Building journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Link Building leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Link Building related domains to cover and 64 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Link Building, Fat link, URL normalization, Link exchange, Search Engine Optimization, Internal link, Click path, URI scheme, Authoring of adaptive hypermedia, Object hyperlinking, HTTP referrer, Image map, Source tracking, Organic linking, Deep linking, Search engines, Uniform resource identifier, Image link, Hyperlinks in virtual worlds, Link relation, Inbound link, Search engine, Brand awareness, Web page, Link rot:
Link Building Critical Criteria:
- Which customers cant participate in our Link Building domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
- Will Link Building have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
- Have you identified your Link Building key performance indicators?
Fat link Critical Criteria:
- Who will be responsible for deciding whether Link Building goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
- How do we make it meaningful in connecting Link Building with what users do day-to-day?
- When a Link Building manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
URL normalization Critical Criteria:
- Consider your own Link Building project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
- What is the purpose of Link Building in relation to the mission?
- Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Link Building?
Link exchange Critical Criteria:
- Do those selected for the Link Building team have a good general understanding of what Link Building is all about?
- Does Link Building systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
- How do we measure improved Link Building service perception and satisfaction?
Search Engine Optimization Critical Criteria:
- How do we Identify specific Link Building investment and emerging trends?
- How is the value delivered by Link Building being measured?
- How do we go about Securing Link Building?
Internal link Critical Criteria:
- Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Link Building? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
- What tools do you use once you have decided on a Link Building strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
- Have the types of risks that may impact Link Building been identified and analyzed?
Click path Critical Criteria:
- Who needs to know about Link Building?
- Is a Link Building Team Work effort in place?
URI scheme Critical Criteria:
- Does our organization need more Link Building education?
- What are the Essentials of Internal Link Building Management?
- How do we Lead with Link Building in Mind?
Authoring of adaptive hypermedia Critical Criteria:
- In what ways are Link Building vendors and we interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
- Is the Link Building organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
- How do we Improve Link Building service perception and satisfaction?
Object hyperlinking Critical Criteria:
- What are our best practices for minimizing Link Building project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Link Building project lifecycle?
- How do your measurements capture actionable Link Building information for use in exceeding your customer’s expectations and securing your customer’s engagement?
HTTP referer Critical Criteria:
Source tracking Critical Criteria:
- What are the usability implications of Link Building actions?
- How will you measure your Link Building effectiveness?
Organic linking Critical Criteria:
Deep linking Critical Criteria:
Search engines Critical Criteria:
- What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Link Building strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
- How would one define Link Building leadership?
- What is our Link Building Strategy?
Uniform resource identifier Critical Criteria:
- Think about the people you identified for your Link Building project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
- How likely is the current Link Building plan to come in on schedule or on the budget?
- Are we Assessing Link Building and Risk?
Image link Critical Criteria:
- Can we add value to the current Link Building decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
- Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Link Building process?
Hyperlinks in virtual worlds Critical Criteria:
PAY ATTENTION: How to do blog commenting for traffic (step by step)
Link relation Critical Criteria:
Inbound link Critical Criteria:
Search engine Critical Criteria:
- What are 3rd party licenses integrated with the current CRM, for example, Email Marketing, Travel Planner, e-newsletter, search engine, surveys, reporting/trend analysis, e-Commerce, etc.?
- What are 3rd party licenses integrated, for example, Email Marketing, Travel Planner, e-newsletter, search engine, surveys, reporting/trend analysis, e-Commerce, etc.?
- What will your search engine be able to display beside just the titles of retrieved documents?
- Does the search engine integrate with the taxonomy to improve searches and organize results?
- Does your site have enough content to merit the use of a search engine?
- Do we all define Link Building in the same way?
Brand awareness Critical Criteria:
- What are the objectives of our campaign as they relate to brand awareness, knowledge and interest, favorable attitudes and image, and purchase intentions?
- What are specific Link Building Rules to follow?
Web page Critical Criteria:
- Does your department or organizational unit manage or support computing resources (databases, hardware, web pages, etc.) that are used by people that access those resources from outside your department?
- A major challenge in indexing a website involves the level of granularity of indexing. Do you index web pages?
- Can we do Link Building without complex (expensive) analysis?
- Do you index web pages?
Link rot Critical Criteria:
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Link Building Self Assessment:
From The Author: All on top link building goals and objectives questions, Love the Post. Kindly Spread the Good news by sharing with friends and also leaving your feedback below. Remember you can also follow us on our social media handles for More updates and also Subscribe to our email Newsletter. Join the conversation on Facebook and Twitter
Guest Author: Gerard Blokdijk
Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date| Email | Linkedin
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information: